01 February 2017 : Mr. Jaitley quotes Gandhi: A right cause never fails. “Demonetisation will lead to higher GDP growth and tax revenues.” Watch LIVE Streaming of Budget 2017 HERE Below
Budget 2017 Highlights ….Latest Update
- Total allocation for rural, agricultural and allied sectors for 2017-18 at record Rs 1.87 crore rupees, it is up by 24 percent.
- For senior citizens, Aadhar cards giving their health condition will be introduced: FM Jaitley
- Safe drinking water to cover 28,000 arsenic & Fluoride affected habitations in the next four years: FM Jaitley
- Swachh Bharat mission made tremendous progress and sanitation coverage has gone up to 60 per cent now, says Arun Jaitley.
- Two new All India Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS) to be set up in Jharkhand and Gujarat.
- Decided steps to create additional 5,000 postgraduate seats per annum for medical education
- National Housing Bank will refinance loans worth Rs. 20,000 crore .
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley : Target of agricultural loans to farmers set at record Rs 10 lakh crore in 2017-18
- My approach in preparing the
#Budget is to spend more on rural areas, infrastructure & poverty alleviation with fiscal prudence:Finance Minister Arun Jaitley via ANI
- FM Arun Jaitley : Budget allocation to MNREGA increased to a record Rs 48,000 crore for 2017-18, from Rs 37,000 crore in 2016-1
- A dedicated fund worth Rs 5,000 crore to be set up for micro-irrigation under Nabard, says Arun Jaitley.
- Highest allocation ever announced for job guarantee scheme.
- Finance Minister : Total allocation for rural, agricultural and allied sectors for 2017-18 is Rs 187223 cr, which is 24% higher than last year
- Over 3 lakh crore spent in rural areas every year, says Arun Jaitley
- Agriculture is expected to grow at 4.1 per cent, says Arun Jaitley
- We also propose to integrate farmers with processing industry, says Arun Jaitley.
- Long term irrigation fund has been set up under NABARD, corpus now stands at Rs. 40,000 crore
- As Swami Vivekananda said ‘education which does not help the common mass of people to equip themselves is it worth of the name?’: Arun Jaitley
- 100% village electrification will be achieved by May 1,2018, said Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- For youth, proposed to introduce a system of measuring annual learning; Science to be given focus.
- Mr. Arun Jaitley : To complete 1,00,00,000 houses by 2019 for houseless and those living in kaccha houses.
- FM Jaitley : Open defecation free villages are now being given priority for pipe to water supply
Whats in Budget for Railways :
- By 2019, all coaches of Indian Railways will be fitted with Bio-toilets.
- Atleast 25 stations expected to be awarded during 2017-18; 500stations to be made differently abled-friendly by providing lifts & escalators.
- A new metro rail policy will be announced, this will open up new jobs for our youth.
- 500 stations will be made differently-able friendly.
- Rail safety fund with corpus of Rs 100,000 crore will be created over a period of 5 years: FM Arun Jaitley
- Steps will be taken to launch dedicated trains for pilgrimage and tourism: Mr. Jaitley
- Feel privileged to present first Budget of independent India that contains railways also, says Arun Jaitley
Credit : ANI